Sunday 8 April 2012

Illustration Friday - Vocal

I have a little drawing I did about 10 years ago. The drawing was not very good, but the idea was funny and I always wanted to play with it a bit, to add mood and atmosphere when I get a chance. When I saw the topic for this week's Illustration Friday - I thought - That's my chance! It's now or never! And although it took me much longer than I anticipated, I am quite happy with the result!

Please meet my spring cat chorus! I don't think it gets any more VOCAL than that!


And here is the original drawing that served as inspiration:

19 comments:

  1. This is absolutely delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great! My favorite so far this week. What great cats! Wonderful faces and those huge mouths. And I love that black one in the back. And they're so fluffy, and the cityscape is terrific. Yup, I think I like it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you reworked this. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this! love,love,love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. O yes! Excellent drawing- funny and well crafted! I am glad you reworked it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really adorable! I just love it!!!!! ^______^

    ReplyDelete
  7. bet none slept that night. Love the cats, they seem to be singing without any inhibition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is great! Love your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic. What a great lesson too in allowing to percolate those sketches we aren't quite happy with. Neat also to see how much your style has changed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are singing with such wonderful enthusiasm! Really great piece!!! Love your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, so AWESOME!
    Really moody and fantastic. Wonderful expressions and light!
    I can totally hear them screeeching. Love the black cat in the back, he's like a bonus feature!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow ! Great ! Awesome !
    (Much was already said in the previous comments - Therefore I'd only gather my superlatives for you)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ваши рисунки восхищают, вдохновляют и очень радуют! А эти котяры- ПЕСНЯ!!!

    ReplyDelete